About Us

Supporting Michigan School District Green initiatives

The Lighthouse Energy Consortium is a joint initiative to provide members with renewable electric power solutions at no out-of-pocket cost to schools districts.

We are a nonprofit energy consortium created, in-part, thanks to MASA’s innovative leadership. The number one priority of the organization is to advocate for Michigan school districts. We help school districts understand and harness the power of renewable energy.

Our ultimate goal is to ensure every district in the state has access to clean renewable energy at the lowest rates in their history while having no initial cost.


Lighthouse Energy Consortium is a not-for-profit initiative of the Michigan Association of School Administrators.

These innovative organizations  joined together to provide their members with renewable electric power solutions that have a lower cost, stable long-term prices and are environmentally responsible.

Why Now?

Given the challenges of the recent global pandemic, coupled with the fact that roughly 75 percent of a school district’s budget is dedicated to personnel, it’s imperative for superintendents to find savings within the other 25 percent.

In addition, state and federal officials are taking action to ensure environmentally responsible energy solutions are implemented. 

New grant and incentive programs are being created and will soon be passed into law.